VIP tickets for events leading up to the Hockey Hall of Fame 2019 induction ceremony go on sale July 3 for the November 15-17 event in Toronto.
Several fan events lead up to the induction ceremony. The extended weekend starts on Friday, November 15, when the Boston Bruins take on the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Hall of Fame game at Scotiabank Arena. On Saturday, fans get to ask inductees questions in the annual Fan Forum. Mats Sundin and Nicklas Lidstrom lead an all-star cast on Sunday in the Hockey Hall of Fame Legends Classic.
The weekend caps off with the Hockey Hall of Fame 2019 induction ceremony on Monday.
The 2019 class features six hockey legends. They are, in alphabetical order:
- Guy Carbonneau is a three-time winner as the NHL’S top defensive forward. He won Stanley Cups with the Montreal Canadiens in 1986 and 1993, and with the Dallas Stars in 1999.
- Vaclav Nedomansky is the first athlete from an Eastern European communist country (Slovakia) to defect to North America to pursue a professional hockey career. The Detroit Red Wings welcomed him as a 33-year-old rookie in 1977, after a few seasons in the WHA.
- Jim Rutherford has won three Stanley Cups as a General Manager. His first came with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2006. He then won two with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2016 and 2017. The Detroit Red Wings made him a first-round selection in 1969.
- Hayley Wickenheiser won seven Women’s World Championship gold medals, as well as four Olympic gold medals in 21 seasons as a member of Canada’s national team.
- Jerry York won four NCAA championships as a coach at Boston College and one with Bowling Green.
- Sergei Zubov played on Stanley Cup champion teams with the New York Rangers and the Dallas Stars. He is a former player with the Moscow Red Army.
VIP tickets for the event go on sale July 3. For $550, fans get to attend all of the events: the Hall of Fame Game, the Fan Forum and the Legends Classic. Fans may also purchase VIP tickets for the Saturday Fan Forum at $95 and/or the Sunday Legends Classic at $150.
For more information contact Mat Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-933-8292.
Please note that by purchasing items through the links on this list, we will earn a small commission on the sale. Those commissions help to fund our services and blog posts throughout the year. We thank you in advance for helping us to advance our mission and goals.